Monday, May 25, 2015

Banzai Sidewinder Blast, Inflatable Water Slide, a Review

Banzai Sidewinder Blast Inflatable Water Slide, a Review


2011 4th birthday party
 It's finally gotten warm enough to let the kids play in the backyard with cool water from the hose. So this weekend we got out our water slide. While I was watching my kids enjoying and having fun; I thought this slide has been really awesome! Mainly, because it's lasted for 4 years and at least 3 kids parties (with tons of kids from 2 to 9) and tolerated a move with storage. 

I have read many reviews about inflatable water slides. Some hated the work it takes to clean and put away. Others say the quality is bad. I admit my husband is a BOSS at putting it away, and it's a job! But, with sweat equity and downright brutality this water slide has
2011 Lots of kids using the slide
taken a licking and keeps on ticking. 

I ended up buying this for my daughter's 4th birthday party. We had a big backyard water bash. My husband was not hopeful about the slide holding up. He has doubts every year LOL! And, it was hard to get it into the storage bag. But having a July birthday made this such a HIT! Kids were using the canons and sliding into the pool. The little kids at the party were able to do the smaller part of the slide. I loved that kids of all ages could enjoy it. 
The next year we got it out again and for another year it impressed us. We gave it a Birthday Party off only last year. Only getting it
out for a little back yard fun for a few friends. 
2012 5th Birthday Party

And then this year, 2015, we pulled it out for our kids to use. My husband noticed a few tears on the bottom liner...we found out it's double lined. So the underneath that has small tears didn't effect the collection of water in the Pool.  This year I did have a problem with it. The hose connection came off when I turned our water on. So my HH (Handy Husband or Handsome; whichever he prefers) came to
 the rescue. He was able to cut the tubing that had been stretched (and breaking down from age) and it made a snugger fit. I still couldn't open up the water full blast, but it was wet enough for our kids!
2012 5th Birthday Party

There is definitely some fading going on. I think that started the first year. Also the first year we pulled it out, we lived in Coastal
Carolina. There were tons of Bumble bees attracted to the bright
orange. So I don't really mind the color fading.

2013 Tons of kids on this slide
So I would totally recommend this or a home water slide to anyone.  When you are done with it, you can NOT just roll it up and put it away. You must let it dry out completely! That could take a few days. If you can get it off the ground to let air under it that helps. But a few hot days in the sun with no rain does the job. Roll it up as tight as you can get it. It may take two people to get it in the storage bag, but my HH does the job by himself.

In 2013 we had a ton of kids that were aged from 5th graders to PreK. I think it is best used for 3 to 10 year olds.

Overall Grade: A


I feel for the time, money invested and quality of the product it's a great investment. This slide has lasted for 4 summers, 3 parties, and
2013 Tons of big kids having fun! 
a move. Still making my kids happy! 


Thanks for reading

StMS


2015 8 & 3 year old playing on it
2015





No comments:

Post a Comment